I am super bump prone. How about you?
I hate when I get a bright red bump after hair removal. Embarrassing sometimes right? It's not only the bump but it feels like the worse kind...bright red, shinny and tender. Sometimes mine look like a massive zit. Before becoming an acne specialist, I would try to remove them on my own. Yes, you guessed it, it then became the size of what felt like a hotel. Even if the bump went away, I was left with a very bright red mark.
Why does this happen? When hair grows back sometime it can get trapped and continues to grow under the skin.
Here are some tips to avoiding hair from getting trapped under the skin:
- Use a new disposable razor each shave (PFB Bump Fighter or BIC Disposable for Sensitive Skin). Important, do not use razors with moisturizing strips, remove by soaking in alcohol.
- Use unscented shave cream or cleansing gel. (Use approved acne-safe Power Wash Cleanser)
- Shave in the direction of the hair growth, go over each area only one time.
- Follow recommended acne safe skin-care regimen as directed. Do not run out of products or miss your morning, post-workout/sports, post skin-on-skin contact or evening routine. Consistent product use maintains clean, hydrated/moisturized, gentle exfoliated skin so hair can easily exit the top layer of the skin.
- Do not tweeze, wax, pick, dig out or tamper skin in any way. This can cause chronic trapped hair, darkening of skin and scarring.
- Do not scrub or rub face with wash cloth, skin scrubber or towel. Blot sweat or water with paper towel or clean towel washed with fragrance free detergent/laundry soap (no dryer softeners/use dryer balls for static instead).
- For beard or hair trimming we recommend sanitized (before and after use) pivot or magnetic motor clippers (no rotary motor clippers or trimmers). Change clipper or liner blades every 3 to 4 months.
- Barber Shop: Make sure your barber is properly sanitizing between each client. Take your own trimmer/clipper that has been properly sanitized before and after use.
Have more questions? Please comment below or contact us directly, we would love to hear from you. www.acnesafeproducts.com